Monday, January 26, 2009

Proof



As one who never shies away from praise and adoration, it is almost inconceivable that I have waited this long to report on my accomplishment! Well, we did it!



It was the perfect day for running..did I just say that?No really, it was. I thoroughly enjoyed all of it but I think the end was my favorite! (for obvious reasons)
It was such an accomplishment, I didn't even think twice about our El Torito excursion (or the other million calories consumed this past week). It was 13 miles! I at least have another million yet to enjoy...my pants say otherwise...


Aren't they cute? Now, back to me..

I convinced myself it was ok I wasn't losing weight, because I justified it(it-being the the 3 other stomachs that somehow found their way into my body) by the hunger pangs that seemed to overcrowd my thoughts by mid afternoon UNTIL I saw the REAL marathon runners...Holy Crap! They were finishing as we were hitting the middle miles, and they were bean-poles. So, I guess you COULD do this to lose weight, but based on my experience, I'll stick to WW. Darnit! Back to counting...

Coming soon: a look back at January. It's now time to move on from me. Can I even do that? We soon shall see.

10 comments:

Alyssa Walker said...

I am so impressed with you ladies. I know firsthand how much dedication that takes-WAY TO GO!!! I have been waiting for your post about this and you did not disappoint!

P.S.~I think Grace may have found her talent;)

Tara said...

OK, that wasn't Alyssa. It was Tara, but I'm sure Alyssa feels the same way!

Jim said...

I am very impressed with what you and your sisters accomplished. I've been asking myself if I could still do something like that. I will likely never find out.

CONGRATULATIONS!

Me said...

Callie, I have been in total awe of you since hearing about this. You and your sisters are incredible!! You've always been so gifted athletically. Seriously! (I know you are scoffing at me right now) What a great accomplishment. Are you still running, or have you taken a break from it now?
My brother and I have started preparing for a half marathon later on this year, and it is HARD! And I'm only on less than 3 miles...will I ever get there? Tell me I will!!
Okay, I am over the BFE thing, too. We just need to get together already! I have been missing my Callie fix. What days/nights are good for you? Let's set it up.

Jacob and Mindy T. said...

I can't believe that you finished that race. That's UNBELIEVABLE! Good job, you are my hero!

Sara said...

Good Job Callie! I think it is so cool that you guys all did that together! You look fabulous:) El Torito...yummy...That should be our next get together place:)

Jacob and Mindy T. said...

hey! We changed our blog address! It's now http://giggleswigglesandhoinks.blogspot.com/ That's where you can find us. I'll be sending out an email too so if I have your email you will get an email too. :) Thanks!!

Melanie said...

Hey there I just talked to Lorie and she said you are still having troubles with your knee, I am so sorry I can't even imagine. I hear you on the extra stomachs, rolls, pounds, etc. and I think daily that I should really start counting points as well. Hopefully soon I will actually listen to myself. The first weekend in March I am doing a 50 mile relay with 4 other girls. We each run 10 miles....NOT ALL AT ONCE! Wish me luck! Let's get togther for another run soon!

Nat said...

You rock!! I think that you look great and the fact that you can run that far is amazing to me! I don't think I ever could (or even want to try). Forget the WW. Viva El TOrito!

Vanessa said...

Hey Callie, its Vanessa Fullman, from hair school!(Amy Crums cousin) Man it has been while. You have some cute kiddos. How are things going? Are you doing hair? Congrats on the half marathon too! That is awesome!
My blog is private...if you want an invite just send me an email(vfullman@gmail.com)
Or if you can't remember who I am just ignore this. HAHAHAHAHA!