Wednesday, January 6, 2010

My New Mantra

"Keep your eyes on your dreams, however distant and far away. Live to see the miracles of repentance and forgiveness, of trust and divine love that will transform your life, today, tomorrow, and forever. That is a New Year's resolutions I ask you to keep." Elder Jeffery R. Holland

I've heard a lot about how 2009 was an awful year, glad it's over, can't wait for 2010...and late into 2009, I was definitely feeling the same. But I think I've had a change of heart. I am so grateful for the lessons learned in 2009 (or maybe re-learned). It was rough at many times, but for heaven's sake! What do I expect? I'm here to learn more and be better. Last night I opened my Ensign and was truly encouraged. I'm so excited!

8 comments:

becbloggin said...

thanks callie! youre AMAZING & inspiring :) luv ya!

kira said...

thanks for the posting ... it's negative 25 today w/ the wind chill ... and i'm on my own pity party ... guess it's time to pull up those big girl panties & count my many blessings, right? :)

Nat said...

that was a great talk! I'm with you on all of that! good luck!

Tara said...

Thanks for the reminder and putting everything into perspective. That was inspiring. I just may have to borrow your mantra for myself!

If you would make room for one more tiny NYR. I would like to request more blog posts :)!! {Not that I'm one to talk I have been terrible lately. Oh well, right? Life happens and rarely {these days} leaves time for blogging}.

Jim said...

Here is more great counsel:
Thomas S. Monson - "I believe that among the greatest lessons we are to learn in this short sojourn upon the earth are lessons that help us distinguish between what is important and what is not. I plead with you not to let those most important things pass you by as you by as you plan for that illusive and nonexistent future when you will have time to do all that you want to do. Instead, find joy in the journey—now.”

May your family have a happy and prosperous New Year.

kristin said...

Calie your awesome, and what a great perspective to have for life.

Sarah said...

I did not know you had a blog!!

Tara said...

Hey girl! Thanks for popping in on my blog. It is always nice to hear from you.

No worries about Christmas, boys are boys. They get hurt and they learn to toughen up!

That's funny you mentioned Abbie has the same hair that Grace did. Abbie reminds me a lot of Grace, in her looks. When she had those pig tails I seriously thought she looked like Grace.

You'll have a blast at Disneyland. It's so fun taking the kids!

Love ya, hope all is well!