Thursday, October 23, 2008

It's not JUST about time...

I can come up with all kinds of excuses why I haven't updated.
-my keyboard banging 8 month old
-my amateur photographs
-great ideas, not so great follow-through
-cup is half empty moods
-A.D.D. (self-diagnosed)
Well, I could go on and on but like I said, ADD.
Jared turned the big 3-0 on the 6th. My plan was to throw him a surprise 30,flirty and thriving party where everyone had to wear pink (in honor of his metro flare) but he caught wind of it, and I had to respect the old guys wishes.:) Got me out of planning a big hooplah-who can complain? (one of my half-empty days..)
So instead, he thought Macayo's sounded great and he requested a homemade german chocolate cake. Here's one of those not so professional photos-


JJ started soccer and finally after 3 games and 4 practices we can say he's loving it. I think we probably should have waited until next season for his dad to be coach--he's not too hip to sharing his attention. This is what the first game looked like:

At least in this one he's not crying!

Gibson has been keeping me quite busy. He is such a great baby, but he has become quite the mama's boy. Fortunately, Jared won't let him get away with it and he helps a ton when he's home, but UNfortunately, that isn't all that often...o well.

This is right before he realized he wasn't in my arms.

Grace is doing so well in school! She is the Newton Navigator this month and I am so proud of her. She got to pick a gift certificate and she chose In-N-Out (so proud) and insisted we meet her dad for lunch. Wish I'd had the camera-she was pretty excited. This will have to do:


I think Gibson has cried enough for one morning-and JJ has only asked for a bath 3 times...wish me luck!

7 comments:

Tara said...

Yeah, Callie I loved your post and I'm glad Jared could join me in the 30's! I know what you mean about the mamas (girl in my situation) and you love em to death, but it can be near impossible to get anything done. So... why not add to the mayhem and have another, right? At this point I'm beginning to think that may have been a crazy idea, but I'm excited nonetheless!!

Jim said...

A belated HAPPY 30th BIRTHDAY to Jared! And congratulations to Grace.

I remember when my little kids played soccer. It was more like "bunch ball", but it was fun to watch. The parents take it a lot more seriously than the kids. They just want to have fun.

Nat said...

My hubby turned 30 last year. Are we all getting that old? I love the 30, flirty, and thriving party idea. You are so clever! And you look great.

Jacob and Mindy T. said...

You really should blog more! :) Your pictures are FINE! I dont know too many people that have a professional taking their blog pictures. Happy belated 30th Birthday Jared. I second Nat's comment! I love the 30, Flirty, and thriving idea from 13 going on 30. :)

Alyssa Walker said...

Callie, you're so funny. Gibson is getting so big... what a cutie! By the way, I have self-diagnosed ADD too...

Carly said...

Your children are all so cute! They all are such a perfect cross of you and Jared. I can see you both in all 3 of them. I bet Jared had the best birthday. You are a great wife. My hubbie is 31! Yikes! And to think that we are not that far behind from being 3 decades old too!

Sara said...

I'm glad your blogging again Callie! I too have a serious case of self diagnosed ADD:)LOL. Happy Belated 30th b-day to Jared...we're almost there! YIKES! Your kids are so dang cute:)