Wednesday, December 31, 2008

CAUTION! I'm not sure how this one's gonna come out.

I'm trying really hard not to give into the beast. What I really want to do is curl up in fetal position (as long as I can still pig out and see the TV) and give into the self beating I've got forming in the back of my mind. Why? you ask?
Here are a couple of conversations I've had this week:
JJ: Mom, can you please put him down and pick me up and say, "Sorry, Gibby, not right now."
-AND-
Grace: I'm the only baby you wanted. You wanted a sister for me and got JJ, and Gibson...well, you don't like being pregnant.
However, I am CHOOSING to find Joy in the Journey. Thanks, mom.
I've decided a new year is a great time to take advantage of the opportunity to set some goals and get myself in check.
These are just a few:
#1-Hold ALL of my babies.
#2-Attend EVERY ward temple night.
#3-Count my many blessings-and complain only in my prayers or to Jared, and only when Grace is not listening.
#4-Make sure I finish those stories I start...yes, I really wanted a baby girl BEFORE I found out I was having a baby boy and BEFORE I knew what being a mother to the two of them could be.....and no, I don't like being pregnant. That is why it literally took both Jared and I to know that Gibson was exactly what our little family needed. (Sorry, I felt the need to explain.)
#5-More meaningful Family Nights.
And of course, a recommitment to daily scripture study, exercising and eating right, and probably most important
#6-Act on the Spirit-immediately.
Happy New Year! It's gotta be, right?

9 comments:

becbloggin said...

callie-
you constantly INSPIRE me :)

S said...

Callie...you really are such an awesome girl. You need to give yourself a pat on the back sometimes rather than nit-picking yourself. You've got such a better handle on things than you give yourself credit for.

Michelle Campbell said...

I'm going to steal those goals right off of your blog. They are perfect for me too! I think most of us struggle with the exact same things. Crazy, huh? In my eyes, you are perfect!!! Keep on truckin along and find a little JOY in the journey. haha. luvya!!!

Me said...

Callie, you are always so funny and inspirational. Even in your challenging moments. You are so many great things, it is just hard to see that in yourself when you have a dependant nursing baby & 2 other little ones. But we all see it. Good luck on your goals, those things really do help don't they? (I need to steal them for myself, too) You're amazing.

Me said...

and I hate the over use of the word amazing...but you really are!

Melanie said...

You have such a great way of wording everything. What AWESOME goals, can I copy a few of them? :) So.......maybe we can converse through our blogs, being that the phone hasn't been working. I hope you are still coming for the marathon. Have you registered yet? Keep in mind you will probably be running solo because my friend isn't the fastest! Or you can just tag along! CALL ME!

Jim said...

Callie, you have a great family, and you are a good mother.

I don't remember who said this, but I like it, "As you travel along life's path, whatever be your goal, keep your eye upon the doughnut and not upon the hole."

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Jacob and Mindy T. said...

you are so awesome! These are great goals for me to make too. Grace completely makes me laugh. I'm sure it's not nearly as funny to you, but she's so insightful. LOL

Tara said...

Callie that sounds just like Grace. I can hear her cute little voice saying that as I read it. She was such a character in preschool. You've gotta love kids brutal honesty about their perceptions of life!

As for me my new years goals are to wake up before 10am and get dressed every day. I like to make them simple and therefore achievable, with 4 munchkins. 3 was still a harder adjustment in the beginning, but 4 is still more work than 3, so 10, not for me!