Friday, November 14, 2008

Oh please, let SOMEONE relate...
After working until 10:30 last night, then not falling asleep until 12:30AM, then waking up 3 hours later to serve as Bessie, the milk cow, then just staying awake for my 5AM run, then showering, ironing, feeding and dressing my whole family, then carpooling, cutting my mom's hair, eating with the King-Burger King-that is, and braving two stores with 3 very wound up children, (plus 3 more sessions of mooing) this is how it played out...
BESSIE:"S***, S***, YOU LITTLE S***s!!"
GRACE:"MOM?"
BESSIE:"I SAID, NOT ANOTHER WORD!"
GRACE:"MOM??"
BESSIE:"SERIOUSLY!!"
GRACE:"MOM???"
BESSIE:"WHAAAAAAAAAAAT!?!?"
GRACE:"UM, WHENEVER, UM, SOMETIMES WHEN I'M FEELING ANGRY, UM...MAYBE YOU SHOULD PRAY."
Thanks, Grace.

6 comments:

becbloggin said...

you are the BOMB mom! i love ya and am amazed at all you do. i am so thankful for you and your example. you are always so willing to listen. sorry about your tough day...and i know i can relate. today Z played in rancid urine in the toilet and when i got him all clean he resorted for the pantry-and with me just feet away (cooking mind you) he dumped an entire container of cumin on the floor. on a good note my house is disgusting-but when the missionaries stopped by one commented that it smelled good--cumin i think :)

Me said...

Callie, you have always made me laugh like no other. I'm sorry you had a hard day, but the way you talk about it is hilarious. Bessie? haha I know how that feels! And the things you get done in one day are amazing!!

Jacob and Mindy T. said...

LOL, I feel your pain. I think EVERYONE has those days when our nerves are frazzled and we're ready to scream. Thanks Grace for the reminder we should always pray especially when we are at our wits end. What a sweetie. :) Really love that you refer to yourself as Bessie! That's priceless!

Mandy Frehner said...

As a Bessie right now too I appreciate your willingness to throw a few curse words at your kids now and then. And thank goodness for little sweethearts to throw in something helpful like praying! I figure it all balances out, right?

Sara said...

That is hilarious Callie! I'm glad I'm not the only one that has those kind of days! Your Bessie the milk cow reference cracked me up:) I love Grace's comment about praying...too cute:) Maybe if I would have prayed the other day I wouldn't have scared my kids to death acting like psycho momma:)LOL.

Jim said...

I can't relate (obviously), but I can laugh, and I did.

Out of the mouths of babes...