Tuesday, September 22, 2009

It's a lot easier to update when I have pictures to remind me what I've been up to. But the pics don't exist, so I'll try this by memory..
Gibson in now in nursery, so church is much more enjoyable.
JJ has started preschool with his best cousin Nathan..and his best teacher, Miss Tara.
Grace is in first grade and already got Student of the Month. (so proud!)
We have fallen into a pretty great schedule since school started, but oh how I miss our summer days. With two wonderful sisters and their pools, our skin was sufficiently tan and our hair sufficiently green! We're beginning to resemble the albino family I knew back in May. Bummer.
Jared has been kept plenty busy..he's the busiest unemployed man I've ever seen! He's had a few hiccups along the way, but we are hopeful that this streak is coming to an end. Thank heavens!
I've wondered at the 'what I'm supposed to be learning' question a lot lately. I wish I had some deep, thought provoking answer.
***Screaming and fighting children, or my reaction to them, actually might be a part of that answer..if they are, I'm in serious trouble and my brain really has lost it's ability to learn.***
If you've got one, I'd be glad to hear it.

2 comments:

Jim said...

One of my favorite quotes, "As you travel along life's path, whatever be your goal, keep your eye upon the doughnut and not upon the hole."
I have no clue who said it, but I think it is good advice.

Keep smiling.

Carly said...

I'm sorry that you are going through trials of your own. When I think I'm the only one, I realize that there is almost no one right now that doesn't have a hard struggle or two. What's worse?...unemployment or green hair? j/k I wish luck to Jared that he will find work soon. I miss you lots babe! I haven't seen you once since OUR wedding day. I love that we share that special day. Can you believe the 10 year is coming up? Time goes by too quickly. Your children are adorable and awesome that your oldest was already student of the month! I'm sure you are very proud.