Monday, June 29, 2009

So how was yesterday, you ask? ROUGH!

If you ask me, 9:00 church is definitely the best. And I've got it. But that's like playing the 'Would You Rather' game and having to choose between eating boogars and earwax...not likely to get off easily with either. So I will admit the mad rush to get to church having everyone fed AND their teeth brushed causes me to seriously consider YAZ. Thankfully this borderline breakdown is countered by the hope that just after lunch I WILL have my Sunday afternoon nap.. But somehow, that hope is all but forgotten, when, in my attempt to teach my little loves the importance of reverence, I have to decide...take the little terror out or endure?
To summarize, Gibson is KILLING me!

7 comments:

Mandy Frehner said...

I totally hear you. And my husband can tag team with me. Somehow it's just not so cute when it's your kid that's chucking fruit snacks down the aisle!

Our Story... said...

I know how you feel Callie. I too get so irritated during sacrament...having 4 little ones and the 3 youngest sooo close together...3,2,1, and another on the way. My husband is constantly taking TJ out cause he is climbing everywhere instead of sitting on his tush and eating! Sounds alot easier than it actually is. Keep up the GREAT work. It's close to nursery time for Mr. Gibson!! Good Luck Callie :)

Jim said...

One day you will look back on Sundays at church with the little ones with fond memories (or not).

kira said...

Good luck girl! At least you've got Rosa to help you, that woman is a godsend! But I've decided (especially after last year's constant church time changes) that there is NO good time to start church, at all. Especially when they are sooooo little! It gets better ... or at least that's what everyone tells me! LOL.

Jacob and Mindy T. said...

I know how you feel. Its not fun when your kid is the one acting up and you don't wanna look like the monster you are feeling like being. LOL Good luck!

Melanie said...

I am so sorry. This might make you feel alittle better. Silas hasn't quite understood the routine that I expect:) He finally takes out McKenna because she is being more than disruptive and after about 15 SECONDS he comes back. WAIT, WHAT THE HECK! So of course we repeat the same disruptive behavior and now it's MY turn to take her out. LAME. How are you by the way? We are doing a half marathon in Bryce Canyon next week. Any runs for you?

Melanie said...

your comment gave me a good laugh, thanks I needed it! Ya I'm right there with you about getting bored, and it's not the actual race that I get bored with, but the training to get there. And I am most definatly NOT in tip top shape, same as last time you saw me. I'm just plugg'n along! I haven't heard from Lorie for a while how are things with them? Give me a call sometime!